Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shoot & Edit...SOOC photo challenge

Here is my SOOC (straight out of camera) shot I posted earlier this week, the theme was "red". BEFORE...

AFTER ASHLEY'S EDITS...

PLAYING WITH A TEXTURE...

FINAL EDIT...

I loved learning how you can make only ONE color in your image more saturated! What a great tool! I am having so much fun experimenting with textures too...they are so beautiful when subtle, but right now I am just loving the great intense texture they add to my images. Thanks for the great tips Ashley!

12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done Julie - I think your textured edits are fun but I really do like your basic edit. Very clean!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I loved the texture edit. Nice... sentimental. :)

FYH said...

Great edit...love the texture!

cooperl788 said...

These came out great! I love the texture!

Courtney said...

Love your final edit! The texture is great!

Kathleen said...

Love that final edit...the texture just works!! Well done!

Michelle said...

I love that shot - very creative! I haven't played with textures but plan to start soon. Yours look great.

Unknown said...

Really really like that final edit! Great job. :)

jillconyers said...

Great edits. Like you said I loved learning how to saturate one color and adding Coffeshop's layer mask is perfect for fine tuning the colors.

Kristin said...

Love the final edit and how the colors just pop!

Unknown said...

i love the first edit! beautiful job on all of them!

Paige said...

wow! the changes you can do with some knowledge and some good programs. thanks